Friday, October 2, 2009

May 25 2009 Email Home

Well, I put a lot into the letter I sent home so, I'm not quite sure what to say in this one. Because it's memorial day the temple's closed (buhao), and honestly, this week hasn't been that eventful... Hmmm... sorry. I really don't know what to say. While we today were at the book store at that time we saw the new missionaries' books. More than half of them are simplified characters, which means we'll have a lot of missionaries going to non-asian contries, which means I may meet some future companions! I already know of one, this spanish Elder, Elder Metcalf was contancting Sun Zhanglao and I, and afterwards we were talking about our missions, and he's got a friend, Elder Duran, who's going to my mission, mandarin speaking, and coming in on wednesday. Sweet :)But we won't be speaking english to the new missionaries, unless we're translating, so hopefully We can still get to know them. I love my district. Last night Stephen B Allen gave the talk at the devotional, it's the second time we've heard him, but, man, he's awesome. He didn't plan on it but ended up speaking about Missionaries who had really messed things up out in the field, there were some pretty intnse stories of really stupid things missionaries had done. REALLY stupid. like stay with other missionaries after zone conference, make a bomb, blow it up in the street, then when the cops come into your house they see your mission maps with pins for your contacts... what are they gonna think? True story. That's why the missionary handbook is so specific. Because of Stupid people.I got a chinese handbook this week, I wanted to be able to do blessings and the like in chinese. I love the temple. We are such missionaries. It's horrible. Most of our combacks come from the scriptures. Half of what we say is probably spiritual... except on pday... We have a little too much babilun talk on pday. We got talking about the office. And I've had Princess Bride stuck in my head for a few days, all because, when we played 4-Square, Elder Schwabe said "To the Death", so I had to say "To the Pain". But anyway, no more babilun talk dui budui?Jiating, you really need to start saying "dui budui?". Just throw it at the end of a statement, it means "Correct (or) not-correct". Please start using this. Please? (Dway boodway) It's probably one of my favorite things to say, kind of because we were making fun of Elder Fabiano, who used to say it all the time, but it's quite an addictive phrase. dui budui? (that's 4th tone, 2nd tone-4th tone) Everybody really likes my glasses. Hmmm.... Jiating, I've got some questions for ya, here I go: no nevermind. The Old Testament is... different. Oh, do I have a missionary plaque? and does it have a scripture on it? I'm so confused. Umm. yeah zaijian

No comments:

Post a Comment