Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Email Home October 6th 2009

你好!
Thanks for the emails! It sounds crazy that James is able to move around in that walker of his... sounds crazy that he's able to do anything but poo/eat/cry etc. Can't wait to see him/you/matt again :)
Y'know, you had him at a convinient time, you know how far I am in my mission, and I know how old he is.
Oh, I have to correct something from my last email. See I thought Me + in Brooklyn + seeing big bridge = Brooklyn Bridge... Right? Nope, it's the Verazano bridge or something... connecting to staten island - not quite as exciting as manhattan.
So, this transfer has been full of finding. We've hardly had any teaching oppurtunities. It was getting a little frustrating. But conference weekend brought us three new investigators :) So we'll be able to teach this week :)
Yang Yang and Ching Ching came from flushing yesturday and brought a classmate of thiers, Mercury, whos lives in brooklyn and told her i could teach her the gospel and baptize her. those two are really good fellowshippers. they've already given elder gabrielsen back in flushing two referals and me, in brooklyn one. and they haven't even been members for a month. They just really love the church.
The next is Raymond. he's been here since 2003. He already has some christian background because when he was in highschool in china, he had a math teacher who would also squeeze a little christianity into his classes - totally against the law in most places - but especially china. The teacher was fired but something stuck with raymond. He really enjoyed conference, and he was invited by a member who's his friend, so he's already got a contact at church. Another thing, he only speaks mandarin and english, convinient for our companionship.
Like you said in your email, having a friend in the gospel is soooo important.
Then there's Danny. He only speaks cantonese and english. (I really think we're being blessed with investigators we can actually teach together.) He's lived in brooklyn all his life and has come to church for the last three weeks. He seems really interested.
Then there's another one that I haven't actually talked to yet. I was on exchanges when elder Lam met him.
These investigators have really taught me patience. We spent hours upon hours for three weeks just being rejected on the streets. But in retrospect, I think the Lord lets us have those trials, to see if we're ready for the investigaros (insert blessing of choice here).
The Book of Mormon is so great. I've really had it come alive for me on my mission. Especially Alma the Younger. I'm in first Nephi right now, and can't wait to get back to Alma. he and Amulek teach things so plainly and powerfully. :)

Well, I'll write you letter, thanks for setting up the blog for me :)
我爱你!
-狄长老

No comments:

Post a Comment