Friday, October 2, 2009

Email Home August 3rd 2009

你们好!Well transfers are tomorrow, and elder chang will be going Zone Leader, I'll be going with elder gabrielson, and elder cui will be with someone else. For a while I was concerned about results, I was frustrated because both elder chang and I were doing our best to be obidient/work hard, but there were no results - meaning baptisms. But I thought about it, and, if God really wanted to he could send down all the angels in heaven to convert everybody, so, I shouldn't worry too much about numbers. All I can do is try my hardest, come what may. If nothing I will grow from it and become better. But, as a side note, Elder Gabrielson's already got 3 baptisms schedualed for next month, so I will be getting some soon.I'm so happy you're gardening - it sounds like it's growing great. and, I've been reading a lot of ensigns latley, and there's so much on being self sufficient, and gardening is just one of those things.I've also learned more about obidience. There's always more commandments to follow, more ways to improve. So, I've been trying to find one new one a day, and keep track of how well I keep it.Wow, school's starting again, already? Time feels like it's flying. Everybody here says your first transfer is the longest... I dunno, it felt like it flew by for me, wonder how fast the rest will be? I dunno if dad's mission used any of the following lingo, but i'll have to explain some that prevails in the nynys.
Born: arrive in the mission
Dad(pop(s))/Mom: Trainer
Son/Dauther: Trainee
Die: Go home
Step Pop: Sr. Comp after your trainer
Now I'll continue Ok, so Elder gabrielson's my steppop, and, not to toot my own horn, but he's killed his last two companions (been companions with someone going home), and they've kinda worn him down. Good people, yeah... but the the best missionaries. Elder Chang said if he picked anyone to steppop me it would have been elder gabrielson, he's here to work and he wants to be obidient, so, i'm happy too.I'd really like a chicken cresent roll recipe... but that's kind of expensive/time consuming right? but thanks for the recipes.Well, I guess that's all I've got to report. Oh, let my siblings know they can email me please.Oh, I asked the mission president about meeting with uncle Steve and he said no. and I don't know if he would get offended or assume anything, but all I said was my uncle wants to have lunch with me, i didn't mention anything else, so this is a meeting with any family/friends thing, not just him.ok, love you all! - Elder Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment