Monday, October 26, 2009

Email Home October 25th 2009

We had our primary program too :) I love primary :) It was interesting though, all the parts were in mandarin or Cantonese, all spoken by abc's (American born Chinese) who speak more English than Chinese, and all the songs were in English. And our primary's pretty small; each kid probably had to go up 2 or three times. But it went great, the kids were heard in the back of the chapel and that's what's important right?
I also really love the primary songs... I wish I could just use them to teach people. They present doctrine so simply and you really could feasibly teach the doctrines of the lessons with a couple primary songs :)
Well, transfers are tomorrow, and I'm step-popping (being his second companion) elder Chen. So my mandarin will SKYROCKET next transfer, I hope for his sake I can help him improve his English. He's a good guy... but we'll probably be using dictionaries to talk to each other.
Umm... Raymond Lin is moving to Connecticut for 2 weeks (yes Chinese people do that here) but when he comes back we can start teaching him again. Urrggghhhh... I just feel bad for Chinese people. Their whole lives are about work - that is their first priority. I've really learned to love the middle class - because i've seen how ideal it is. In china there is none, just rich and poor.
Honestly not much has happened this week, hopefully I'll have some more to report on next week :)
Thanks for the letters, I love all you!
- Elder Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment