Friday, October 2, 2009

June 15th 2009 Email Home

I got my FLIGHT PLANS! I leave on the 22nd, a week from now, at five in the morning. I'll fly straight from Sale Lake to the JFK airport, and should arrive at 3:25 (eastern time... I think). The best part of this is that I had the latest estimated date of departure, and the Taipei missionaries - mainly Muo Zhanglao (Elder Mitchell) - were giving me a hard time about it, but we got our flight plans on the same day, but I'm leaving a day before them :) I'll write back later but here's some info to give out: Mission Office:85-69 60th Dr.Elmhurst, Queens, NY 11373 that's for anybody who wants to send me something after... wednesday? yeah, that's probably a good estimate. Well I'll write again later.

Hmm... I dunno if I'm gonna bring my shampoo/bodywash/mouthwash with me. I bought a travel sized pack from the book store, so, yes, I'll still have some, but it would be nice to have some to pick up. I dunno what else I'll need, if something comes up I'll probably put it in a letter. Oh, I opened up my umbrella for the first time and one of the ... bones... sure, was broken, so, maybe you could let me know in a dear elder what I should do with it. Well, today was the last time I'll go to the temple until the middle of my mission, so that's good that I got to go, but kinda sad I won't be able to for a while. We were doing work for indian people today; I did work for Parntap Singh Saranj or something. So, that was fun.Sister Infanger was quarrentined last tuesday, so Sister Roper was part of our companionship for 5 days, that was fun, though we don't exactly help eachother with our sarcasm :)Oh, my letter next week may be longer, I should be able to email for an hour.This keyboard is noisy.Well, this week was another MTC week. Our TA was great! Brother Hodges (who we all agreed will someday be Prophet) didn't have anything bad to say about anyone's teaching. So we didn't do anything wrong, we just could've done MORE right. and Improve our chinese :)I'm so excited and scared to get out there. I'm ready to eat something other than MTC food :) We watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration last night, I always get something new out of it. This time? Families are forever. When Alvin dies is probably my least favorite part. I just know God doesn't give us our families just to tear them apert after we die. Families are forever. I get so mad when a think things would be otherwise.Let's see, I've got some pictures to develope, maybe I'll send them off without a letter this weeked.I've still got 10 minutes left to write but have no Idea what to say.1. They really need spell check for this. Our English is getting steadily worse, our chinese slowly better, and when you combine those things you cannot spell correctly. I've turned the word "dilligently" into "Dilliliang" before. And I really don't know how to respond to "Hello", that word just sounds weird, along with goodbye. A lot of the time chinese just works better.Well, I miss you all, I love you all. The church is true, Ingwen shi Sadande yuyuan.I love Where Can I Turn for Peace, but it's not in the chinese hymnal! weishenme?! I'm thinking about buying myself a bigger chinese hymnal and sending it home with some other things, because it doesn't have pinyin, so I can't read it yet :( The chinese hymnal also doesn't have If You Could Hie to Kolob :( hai ok. Zhongwen bi Ingwen fechenghao. Oh Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment