Thursday, April 14, 2011

Email Home March 14th 2011

That's awesome about Megan. I hope I'll be home for that! Thanks for that email about trusting people. I know I've just gotta focus on doing the right thing and not worry about the consequences. Thanks.
I wish I could know a little bit more about the tsunami and what not but I'll find out soon enough.
I still haven't got the extension... Hopefully it'll come soon.Matt's in London? Cool. I'd really love to go to the British Isles. People in New York love to ask where you're from, usually meaning your forebearers. I'll have to head to France, Sweden, and Switzerland too then. I wanna see my ancestral homeland. Chinese people have a great love for their ancestors and even members of the church will maintain traditions of burning fake money and clothes for them on New Years. In Confucius thought, like the restored gospel, the family is the most basic and most important unit of society. Confucius taught that to spread peace around the earth you must first cultivate yourself, then your family, then your community, then the world. But If you succeed in self and family the rest just naturally follows. Brigham Young taught if you want Zion it has to first exist in your heart and then your home. The President of Taiwan quoted (I don't remember which prophet)'s saying 'no success can compensate for failure in the home'. It's no wonder that the KMT wanted to eliminate the organization of family. I watched a video on mormon.org about an artist. he said 'some people think family is a good way/good thing. I think it's the only way'. I love the gospel and I love you all. I don't have to question your intentions but have full faith and trust in you and I'm glad we're all in this together. The sealing power is amazing.
I love you all!
  • Elder Benjamin James Eddy
    • 狄俊明长老

No comments:

Post a Comment