Thursday, April 14, 2011

Email Home February 7th 2011

Well, I haven't had anybody respond to any job applications yet so I still don't know. If I don't get any sort of response by June/July I'm probably not going... Guess we'll see.
This week was pretty exciting. Chinese New Year and my Birthday made for a LOT of Dinner appointments. On wednesday and thursday we had members invite us over for new years. On Saturday we had a ward party for new years and on sunday all the missionaries went to a combined birthday party for Yang Yang. Qing Qing and I. An investigator gave my a really touching birthday card. A member gave me a really nice watch. Another member went around filming missionaries and members in flushing and brooklyn all wishing me happy birthday. I felt really spoiled and touched by all the gifts.
Steve Wang is worried that he won't have time for church responsiblities and wants to put ALL of his efforts into learning english for an entire year before he gets baptized. Elder Hanson and I really don't see how the two of those conflict... So we hope he can just have faith in God and realize that this is what He wants him to do and he'll provide a way to do both.
My session is gonna end real quick here so I'll get back on soon.
Love ya
Elder Benjamin James Eddy
    • 狄俊明长老
We also got to see some performances on new years. People playing the erhu (two stringed violinish thing), the guzhang (Chinese harp), the traditional Sichuan (szechuan) bianlian (change-face) dance, some gongfu (kung fu), and singing. We also sang some Malaysian, Cantonese and mandarin new years songs at a members house. And my stuffed/wrapped dumplings. It was lots of fun.
Love ya
--
  • Elder Benjamin James Eddy
    • 狄俊明长老

No comments:

Post a Comment