Thursday, April 14, 2011

Email Home January 24th 2010


Last week we started teaching Sang Yang Yang's friend Steve Wang. He's really exited to learn and wants to know EVERYTHING. We tried to set a baptismal date with him yesterday but he wants to know all the commandments before he can commit himself to anything. But he also really wants to be baptized - he just wants to know what he has to change to do so. The two of them are from Hebei (huh-bay). We have another investigator, Jing, who is actually kinda intimidating to teach, share a good testimony of prayer in Gospel Principles yesterday - and she gave the closing prayer. Our pool is building up - just pray that we can have more member present lessons. Our companionship goal is to not have more than 2 'other' ie non-member-present lessons a week.
I got a book for studying HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi - china's Chinese language test (hawn-you shway-ping cow-sure)) to study from and it's been a challenge. Not because I don't understand the words... If I hear them. But I'm having to look up characters ALL the time when I study it. Thankfully most of the vocabulary is stuff I already know so it's just attaching sounds I understand to characters.
On Saturday I donated red blood cells. It was a cool experience. But they should tell you that when they pump the plasma back into your arm it's gonna feel like the crook of your elbow is swallowing ice water! It was so weird. That same day one of my district members went to the doctors to check on a nasty-huge bug bite he got. This thing was about the size of a quarter and his leg was swelling up real big. They had to cut into his leg and now his companion gets to stick a long I-forget-which-medicine-it-was coated cotton swab into his leg to keep it clean every day.
Things are going pretty good. President wants me to be thinking of a replacement district leader now that things are wrapping up for me - CRAZY. well... Talk to you later
Love ya!
  • Elder Benjamin James Eddy
    • 狄俊明长老

No comments:

Post a Comment