Monday, September 27, 2010

Email Home September 27th 2010

We've started teaching Daniella and Jackie. We're actually gonna help them get married and baptized - a first for me. They're great. Daniella is so ... lively and loves learning the gospel. Jackie just loves Daniella so we're trying to work on him a little more. There's Oscar from Taiwan, and Chen Wang, Tommy Chen. All kinda progressing but doing well. There's also Hu Jian Mei, she comes to church every week but doesn't have any time during the week to meet with us :( We've also been meeting with some members to help them start doing their genealogy. We're gonna go to the temple on october 16th which is Chongyang Jie, a chinese holiday where you honor the elderly and hike on mountains, we'll be helping our ancestors at the mountain of the lord.



My companion, elder egbert is great. He's from utah but lived in Hawaii, just for fun, before his mission. He's willing to do whatever and is a diligent missionary. But I'll be switching companions on tuesday. I'll be going with elder graham. He's just a few months younger than me in the mission but has not had the best time on his mission and his chinese has progressed slowly. I'm happy to help.





Characters, I'm at 400. I love learning them. It's like small puzzles or Lego bricks.



Wow, sounds like we're both having some weird weather.



Lately I've been doing great. I'm just having a tough time balancing working with people here and trying not to worry about my friends in Brooklyn - sometimes I get caught away and think about them way too much. But I'm learning how to balance that out a little better as a get to know the people here better. God's got people he needs me to help here to and I've gotta stop worrying so much.



- Love you all!

- Elder Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment