Monday, September 28, 2009

The Man Leaf- May 4th 2009

This was a good week, at least I think it was. I'm losing track of time, the only thing that moves here is how much chinese I know and teaching skills...which are moving slowly but improving. Hmmm.....I dont know what I have to say. I guess I could talk about the Man Leaf (which sounds a lot weirder than it is...maybe).
But one day the jiemei they came into class with a bottle of nail polish they couldn't open, and Feng Jiemei said whoever could open the bottle would get the Man Leaf (a leaf they found on the ground outside) So we basically wasted all personal study time trying to get the Man Leaf. Then, towards the end, Sun Zhanglao used Qian Zhanglao's leatherman to open it. Sure it wasn't the opening of the nail polish that makes this story worth telling; it was Feng Jiemei's presentation of it. She had Sun Zhanglao stand in the middle of class and as she made up fanfare soundeffects, placed it in his pocket next to his name tag. Yeah. Qian Zhanglao compared it to Starwars, when Princess Leia holds up the medals to Han, Luke and Chewie. I got the Man Leaf today for holding the door open....then I forgot it was in my pocket while I was at the temple. Whoops! Yes. We get that bored here. Not much goes on. If I had to describe Tuesdays-Saturdays it would be like this: The spirit is strong, the work is hard, and though we love him, Lin Zhanglao is annoying. :-)

Something I think I realized this week; Everything we believe is crazy. It's impossible, improbable, overwhelming etc. But I cannot deny it is true. I know it, I feel it several times a day at least. If you dont, you need to repent and pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment