Monday, September 13, 2010

Email Home September 13 2010

I'm almost down to half a year, which is crazy to me. CRAZY. and when I think about all the things going on back at home I feel like I'm not gonna recognize anything. I guess in my mind everyone back home is on pause for two years... Guess not. Well, I'm thoroughly jealous of Matt going to China - You don't know how much I want to go there. I'm guessing he would go to Beijing or Shanghai - I wanna go to Fuzhou or Chang'le - Who knows when I'll be able to do that. By the way I think the name of Matt's calling sounds either epic or silly.
I'm trying to do more muscle building exercises instead of just running - I definitely don't wanna weigh any less than I do right now.
Here's an Ensign article that may interest you and you could share it with others. I found it while exploring a church library.
A Latter-Day Saint Perspective on Muhammad

It's 'A Latter-Day Saint Perspective on Muhammad. It's from about a year before 9/11. It's really great and has helped me understand better the roles of people like Muhammad and Buddha and other such 'wise men'.

I really want to read Fojing (Buddhist Scripture), the quran, daodejing (Taoist scripture), and the writings of kongzi (Confucius), especially because of what that article has to say.
It's not because of any doubt in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I just wanna read the writings of other inspired people. We believe the US constitution is inspired, that doesn't mean doctrine, but worth reading and applying.

Why do people forget about the 1500+ year tyrannical reign Christianity had in Europe? Urrrgghhh... 'Christians'. My mission has convinced me so much more of the truthfulness of the gospel.

The way I look at it is this. Sure you need baptism and other ordinances to get to the celestial kingdom but if you haven't striven to become a celestial being (someone who is filled with charity) it's not gonna do you much. People who've been baptized and what not have bought the plane ticket but they're gonna be real confused when they land and don't 'speak the language' (charity) which in many times is 'spoken' more fluently by those not of our faith who just haven't bought their ticket yet.

I gotta go. I love ya!
- Bye!
Elder Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment